Position Detail: Loan Specialist I
|Position Title:||Loan Specialist I|
|Location:||Boro Park, New York|
1. Represent the Credit Union to the members in a courteous and professional manner and provide prompt, efficient and accurate service.
2. Develop an understanding of the Credit Union philosophy, organization, bylaws and operational procedures;
3. Provide general and specific service-related information concerning Credit Union products, services or policies, in person and/or by telephone;
4. Respond to members’ requests, problems, and complaints, and/or direct members to the proper person/department for specific information and assistance;
5. Responsible for appropriate handling of member mail, incoming documentation and other incoming mail;
6. Develop good relationships with PSFCU vendors;
7. Attend, represent and actively participate in PSFCU community events and actively participate in branch sponsored events;
8. Attend periodic meetings with Loan Administration to receive ongoing training on loan product specifics, pricing, underwriting, new policies and procedural items;
9. Any changes to mortgage and HELOC procedures and policies must be relayed to the rest of the branch staff and all questions raised by the branch staff must be answered as soon as possible to ensure that loan product information is disclosed fully, accurately and consistently;;
10. Be the central point of contact for Loan Administration on loan policy or procedural changes;
11. Provide members with information regarding consumer loans, real estate loans, business loans, and VISA cards and appropriately align the right loan product for the member’s financing need;
12. Assist members in the completion of the applications and all associated forms;
13. Accept and process loan applications of all types; review documentation for accuracy; and request all necessary documentation required to complete the loan application
14. Maintain extensive knowledge of all products and services;
15. Monitor changes in interest rates and effectively communicate pricing to members;
16. Maintain superior knowledge and full understanding of consumer loan products;
17. Effectively offer Credit Union products and services through the practice of established sales and service techniques;
18. Perform all functions as MSR when business needs dictate;
19. Perform other duties or responsibilities as assigned.
20. Comply with the registration requirements of the National Mortgage Licensing System, acquire and maintain NMLS Mortgage Loan Originator Registration.
21. Train and mentor branch employees on a monthly basis in regards to consumer loans, mortgages, HELOC’s and VISA credit cards.
22. Build local community relationship with persons of influence such as R.E Agents to generate desired production in mortgages to exceed Branch Goals as per the Branch Goals Incentive Plan
23. Travel to and cover at other branches if necessary and needed.
24. Fulfill all functions of a MSR position as needed.
• 2 - 3 years of experience in a financial institution;
• Minimum of 1 year of Lending Experience in a financial institution;
• Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Member Service Representative in a financial institution;
• Advanced level of product knowledge;
• Demonstrated ability to cross sell products;
• Advanced computer skills and software program knowledge
• Measurable results in supplying superior customer service;
• Fluency in spoken and written Polish and English.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER