Position Detail: Mortgage Loan Consultant
|Position Title:||Mortgage Loan Consultant|
|Location:||Glendale Heights, Illinois|
1. Sell first and second mortgage loans through the active promotion of the credit union and its products and services.
2. Originate mortgage applications and offer terms as defined by the SAFE Act Policy
3. Build relationships with internal and external business partners such as assigned branch staff, realtors, builders, underwriters, Chamber of Commerce, etc. for the purpose of gaining mortgage referrals and attracting new PSFCU members.
4. Maintain up to date product and procedure knowledge and consults with members to ensure real estate products they are pursuing meets individual member needs.
5. Act as primary contact for member during entire loan process, obtaining required documentation and providing member updates.
6. Take complete and accurate applications, providing members with all required disclosures, and obtaining all necessary member provided support documents including appropriate up-front fees.
7. Maintain compliance within Federal, State and Credit Union rules and regulations.
8. Strive for the continuous improvement of processes and quality of service.
9. Perform other duties or responsibilities as assigned.
10. Comply with the registration requirements of the National Mortgage Licensing System, acquire and maintain NMLS Mortgage Loan Originator Registration.
11. Participate in business, professional or charitable associations in which PSFCU is a member or participant.
12. Organize, conduct and participate in real estate related promotional activities and seminars for both homebuyers and for real estate agents, builders, etc.
13. Stay informed on real estate market trends and developments
14. Deepens member relationship by referring members to appropriate internal business partners.
15. Attend staff and other meetings on credit union business as needed.
16. Complete all financial industry registration and compliance requirements, including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act; adhere to credit union policies and procedures and conduct business in an ethical manner.
17. Project positive, professional image consistent with that of the credit union.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Additional coursework in business, finance, banking or a related field.
- 5 years sales experience, prefer real estate and mortgage experience.
- Must be, or be willing to be, SAFE Act Registered
- Ability to successfully initiate and develop outside business referral sources such as realtors, brokers, etc., and drives loan volume.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER