November 14, 2011
Polish & Slavic Federal Credit Union
invites all members to
AN INFORMATIONAL/EDUCATIONAL MEETING Saturday, November 19, 2011, 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM,
WITH THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
PSFCU Community Room
100 McGuinness Blvd., Brooklyn, NY 11222
AN INFORMATIONAL/EDUCATIONAL MEETING
Saturday, November 19, 2011, 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM,
- Ms. Elżbiety Baumgartner's Presentation: "Tricks and Pitfalls of Large Banks."
- Board of Directors' answers to questions asked by members during the Annual Meeting.
- Discussion of current PSFCU issues.
(Participants will be served coffee, tea and pastries)
Every Day Should Be "Bank Transfer Day"!
Tricks and Pitfalls of Large Banks:
Or What The Banks Don't Tell You
- Is the Credit Union a bank?
- How banks caused the financial crisis and who is paying for it?
- Hidden bank fees: asterisks, disclaimers, small print. How much does a free checking account cost at a bank? How much does Overdraft Protection cost?
- Consequences of the "higher interest rate race."
- Credit card pitfalls and how to avoid them: credit or debit? Consumer protection and other differences.
- Bank investment funds: hidden commissions. Where does a bank earn the most?
- Bank insurance and pension plans which you'd rather avoid.
- Mortgage pitfalls: promotions, advertising, hidden commissions.
- Traps we all get caught in.
- How to win against banks: where can you file a complaint?
- How to make your money earn a profit and how to maximize it?