FBI Fraud Alert
If you can answer "Yes” to any of the following questions, you could be involved in a fraud or about to be scammed!
- Is the check from an item you sold on the Internet, such as a car, boat, jewelry, etc?
- Is the amount of the check more than the item’s selling price?
- Did you receive the check via an overnight delivery service?
- Is the check connected to communicating with someone by e-mail?
- Is the check drawn on a business or individual account that is different from the person buying your item or product?
- Have you been informed that you were the winner of a lottery, such as Canadian, Austrialian, El Gordo, or El Mundo, that you did not enter?
- Have you been instructed to either “wire”, “send”, or “ship” money, as soon as possible, to a large U.S. city or to another country such as Canada, England or Nigeria?
- Have you been asked to pay money to receive a deposit from another country such as Canada, England or Nigeria?
- Are you receiving pay or a commission for facilitating money transfers through your account?
- Did you respond to en e-mail requesting you to confirm, update or provide your account information?
Tell branch personnel immediately!Go to main navigation