Position Detail: System Administrator
|Position Title:||System Administrator|
|Location:||Fairfield, New Jersey|
1. Planning the appropriate system needs of a company
2. Installing the appropriate systems
3. Providing support for the systems
4. Solving problems connected to the network and the systems
5. Monitoring the network efficiency
6. Performing regular backups and restoring information if necessary
7. Applying patches and updates
8. Identifying the needs of the company and assessing whether they are being met by the current system
9. Planning security measures
10. Implementing security measures
11. Ensuring that all the separate elements of the system are working together properly
12. Educating company employees about computer security
13. Training other IT staff
14. Providing easy to understand advice for company employees
15. Monitoring the storage capabilities of the system
16. Determine technical feasibility and cost of providing or modifying automated solutions to business problems/opportunities.
17. Keeps computer equipment, hardware, and software updated.
18. Leads in the development and maintenance of PSFCU's infrastructure. Uses knowledge of LAN/WAN/servers to help design, and evaluates systems to eliminate problems and make improvements
19. Responsible for the daily performance and availability of the organization's overall infrastructure. Analyzes and recommends upgrades/changes; assesses organization's current and future needs.
20. Analysis' the existing environment and systems and develops alternative/improved operational or economic performance
21. Responsible for special projects which fall both inside and outside of area or primary responsibility
22. Responds to end-user calls for trouble-shooting, problem solving and guidance
23. Ensures that appropriate documentation and procedures are in place for each system
24. Any other duties or responsibilities, as required or assigned
- 4 year degree in Computer Science's or equivalent work experience
- Technical Ability: Active Directory, VMWare, EMC Storage, Exchange, Networking.
- Technical background required.
- Five to eight years working experience of hardware/infrastructures.
- Basic networking knowledge.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER