Position Detail: Compliance Specialist
|Position Title:||Compliance Specialist|
|Location:||Fairfield, New Jersey|
1. Keep abreast of all laws and regulations that affect the Credit Union. Disseminate information regarding laws and regulations to appropriate departments.
2. Schedule, coordinate and perform compliance exams of federal regulations affecting the Credit Union. Present examination reports to management; Oversee and update the Compliance Examination Plan on ongoing basis; Follow-up on items addressed in previous internal audits and exams.
3. Maintain all compliance manuals up-to-date.
4. Perform periodic reviews and assessments of various products and services to ensure compliance with regulations.
5. Suggest policy changes to management that will facilitate the credit union's compliance program and reduce its risk of non-compliance; Assist in development of new policies, disclosures and forms to comply with rules and regulations affecting the Credit Union; Assist in the revision and design of products and services to ensure compliance;
6. Review advertising materials, promotional brochures, website, forms and disclosures in compliance with advertising rules prior to release;
7. Develop, revise and review Credit Union's policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
8. Perform research on compliance related subjects as requested by management.
9. Support branches and departments by answering compliance related questions.
10. Provide excellent level of customer service to the credit union's members as well as to employees and vendors.
11. Perform compliance and procedural training to credit union's staff as necessary.
12. Handle deceased accounts and red flag program.
13. Provide backup for BSA compliance program; assist in SAR review process and other BSA functions;
14. Perform special projects or other duties as directed by the VP/Head of Compliance;
15. Assist compliance examiners with the examinations, making available the information that is necessary to complete examinations;
16. Perform any other duties or responsibilities that may be assigned.
- 4 Year Bachelor's degree; Bank/Credit Union Compliance Certification(s) desired.
- Two year banking experience
- Bilingual English and Polish
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to learn legal concepts and perform legal research and analysis
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER