Position Detail: Member Service Representative I
|Position Title:||Member Service Representative I|
1. Represent the Credit Union to the members in a courteous and professional manner and provide prompt, efficient and accurate service;
2. Develop and maintain an understanding of the Credit Union philosophy, organization, bylaws and operational procedures;
3. Provide general and specific service-related information concerning Credit Union products, services or policies, in person and/or by telephone;
4. Respond to members requests, problems, and complaints, and/or direct members to the proper person/department for specific information and assistance;
5. Responsible for appropriate handling of member mail and incoming documentation as well as other incoming mail;
6. Develop good relationships with PSFCU vendors;
7. Attend, represent and actively participate in PSFCU community events as well as actively participating in branch sponsored events;
8. As per PSFCU Policy and Procedures perform routine transactions, including but not limited to:
opening / closing accounts and shares;
accepting wire transfer requests-domestic and international;
performing change of address, issuing temporary checks;
performing Harland Clarke share drafts orders;
processing ATM card and Debit card requests;
handling and processing IRA accounts;
handling and processing Share Certificates of Deposits;
handling and processing Club accounts;
direct deposit of Social Security and payroll checks to members accounts;
processing lost passbook requests;
performing Chex Systems checks;
set up and provide access to On-Line Banking, Mobile Banking
9. Service existing accounts; set up new account files and provide members with all necessary information and assistance;
10. Provide members with information regarding consumer loans, business loans, and VISA cards and appropriately align the right loan product for the members financing need;
11. Assist members in the completion of the loan application (real estate loans excluded) and all associated forms;
12. Accept and process loan applications of all types(real estate loans excluded); review documentation for accuracy; and request all necessary documentation required to complete the loan application;
13. Notify members by phone or mail that their checkbooks are ready for pickup at the branch;
14. Conduct orientation interviews on Credit Union services and programs with each new Credit Union member;
15. Effectively offer Credit Union products and services through the practice of established sales and service techniques;
16. Post dividends prior to the end of the month for all closed member accounts;
17. Perform all functions of Teller when business needs dictate;
18. Maintain extensive knowledge of all products and services;
19. Monitor changes in interest rates and effectively communicate pricing to members
20. Maintain superior knowledge and full understanding of consumer loan products;
21. Act as a Safe Deposit Box Attendant, responsible for handling box rentals, providing access to the vault area and related functions;
22. Perform other duties or responsibilities as assigned.
23. Effectively cross-sell PSFCU products and services in order to achieve Branch Goals as per the Branch Goals Incentive Plan.
24. Travel to and cover at other branches if necessary and needed.
25. And other functions as needed and delegated by the Branch Manager.
26. Perform Teller function as needed.
1 - 2 years of work experience;
1 year of experience as a Teller;
Basic computer skills and knowledge of computer software programs;
Ability to cross sell products;
Fluency in spoken and written Polish and English;
High School Diploma.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER